Tuesday 7 April 2015

Untitled

Sunday seems to have come round very quickly, and although I have been busy most of the week, I don't seem to have got very much done!

First, an update on the commission -

Slow progress, but progress at least.

It was our last session at Broderers at York Minster on Tuesday, and it was a rather sad occasion as we said a very fond farewell to our Head Broderer of many years, Jennifer Solomon. All who could arrived for a goodbye lunch and presentation. For the last few weeks we had been secretly planning and working on an appropriate gift, which was presented to her.

We had each worked several sections of a photo of a newly restored panel from the east window, and they had been mounted in an antique printer's tray. We could chose any technique we liked, and there is a good mixture. As you can imagine, it was very well received indeed.

On Thursday I looked after the children next door, and was initiated into the mysteries of the Wii and Wii U. I was absolutely hopeless at playing any of the games, and kept having to be rescued by a six year old and a three year old! The six year old managed to keep an eye on me, his little brother, and still win!

I have also been working on a piece I hope to be exhibiting with the Ebor Group in Beverley. I have a photo of this which I cannot access at the moment, so I'll post it later.

Happy Easter everyone!

 

No comments: