Sunday 24 January 2010

This week was my first week back at Broderers since before Christmas. I am currently working on a panel for a new altar frontal for the St Nicholas Chapel. I should be further on with it than I am, but I had a query re the design that I couldn't resolve over the phone, so had to wait for this Tuesday. I ended up redrawing the design,and have now transferred it on to the canvas. This week I have to apply vilene to the area which is to have laid gold on it. When I have done that I will take a photo to post.



Being in York on Tuesday I was able finally to get tracing paper so that I can trace the design of the banner I am going to be making. I have spent most of the time during the daylight hours this week doing just that. The braid has now arrived for the altar frontal, so I will put the banner aside and concentrate on finishing that now - hopefully it will be done by the end of the week. Pics will follow



The other thing I have been working on this week is the pair of dolls I have been making to go on display at the Jorvik Viking Fair at half term. Only three weeks to go ,and even though I have spent all day today at the Dolly Birds meeting on them, there is still a lot of work to be done. I'll take photos of those too.



It was also the first time I have been able to get to my leaded glass course this term. It was good to be back.



I finally managed to get my car going on Thursday when I had time to drive it around for a while to make sure the battery was well and truely charged. It was only when I had done this that I finally felt things were back to normal after Christmas! I thought I heard the word 'snow' on the weather forecast tonight. Fingers crossed it is not going to land here!

No comments: