Wednesday 22 July 2009



Today was the last meeting of the Minster Broderers until September. I took Denny to the work room and then met Chris. We spent most of the morning taking photos in the Minster for the power point presentation we are preparing. This will enable us to take a Minster Broderers Tour out to give to groups.

At 12.30pm we went to St John's Chapel where the low mass set we have been working on for about two years was being consecrated at the communion service. Josie, Jean and I had worked the chasuble front (above). A lot of Broderers attended and Canon Glynn Webster made a big fuss of us, dedicated the vestments and then wore them for the first time to celebrate. They looked stunning and Glynn said they were very comfortable to wear. All very satisfying!

We returned to the workroom for a crowded sherry and lunch before being given a tour of the Library.

On the way home I picked up the pieces of glass I had taken to be fired, together with a piece of grey glass and some lead so that I can finish my mirror. Looking forward to doing that - probably at the weekend.

No comments: